Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Circa 1986

March is a special month because we get to celebrate women's history. This week in particular here in Nebraska is "Women's Week".
    As another cold Nebraska day, I wrapped up in my parka to see all of the ladies featured in the Rotunda Gallery.  It is always kind of exciting to see your photo on the wall somewhere and even though it will not be on the wall forever, it encapsulates a moment in time when you had a positive impact on someone, and can live in their heart forever if they choose so.
   The room was simply laid out, portraits on women throughout time gracing the walls. Yes, yes, I darted over to find mine first, did a few dance steps in place and then stepped back to look at everyone.

Usually a visual person, this time I went to every single photo in the room and read each woman's story. What an exciting group of women! From TV Producer's and Presidents, to Dean's and Assistant Attorney General's.






There was one in particular that really caught my eye. Major Georgia Kroese. She was the FIRST female in the history of the Nebraska National Guard to lead a unit during war time deployment. WOW.

  Every woman deserves to be celebrated and I hope this month and beyond you take a moment to share some love to those around you that inspire, motivate and just plain make you feel great.

  A special thank you to Jenni Puchalla who nominated me as one of the Women of Character, Courage and Commitment.


 Celebrating these other women today, I need to make sure and celebrate the number one woman in my life, my mom. She has shown so much courage in her life and always committed to our family and those around her. Love you Mom!

                                                         My Mom and I, circa 1986 :)

 Thank you to all the women out there for being YOU!
  Warm Regards,
 Maggi
Your Mrs. Great Plains International 2014

                                                                       Here it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment