Thursday, July 3, 2014

Independence Day

In America, typically July 4th is the day of Independence. It represents freedom and adopting the deceleration of Independence during the American Revolution.

 This was the note John Adams wrote to his wife on July 3rd, 1776:
"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more"

 July 3rd, 2004 was an important day for me too. Today I am officially celebrating 10 years of walking in faith with God. It is my Independence Day. A day when I was completely restored from a life I never thought possible to overcome. The day I got a second start at life....deliverance. A chance to devote my life to God and understand His love for me. I will never be perfect, nor do I want to pretend to be...but I know what it is like to not feel love, not feel worth, value and live with shame as I did in my life before knowing God. It is because I used to feel that way that now I do know how to love others and help them walk in Independence. Freedom.

July 3rd is my Independence Day. Do you have a day of Independence?

I am grateful as a nation we can celebrate Independence together on July 4th. So many have fought for our freedom's. Many in my immediate and extended family have served in the military and before entering in to sports, I wanted to enlist in the air force and to help continue the fight for others freedom.

I may not be in the air force wearing a uniform, but my uniform is a crown and sash and I still get to fight for others freedom. Same plan...the path is is just different.

These are freedom's other countries do not have. There is still much bondage in the world I see when traveling. Pain, Suffering, destitute poverty. I pray for their freedom some day as well and I am just grateful everyday to be a part of an organization like Soles4Souls who is intentionally doing something about poverty.

A reminder I love you. Even if we don't know each other yet it is so important for you to know how loved you are. We are all wonderfully and beautifully made.

Live in freedom. Live in Love.

Warmly and with deep gratitude,
Maggi
Your Mrs. Great Plains International 2014

July 3rd, 2004. Cornerstone Music Festival. My day of Independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment