Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Final Leg - Behind the scenes Journey post 1

After over 1,300 miles and 37 hours of travel, Jacksonville is my destination as Mrs. International 2014 kicks off.  I am beyond excited to be here for Soles4Souls and was able to make a stop at their Headquarters on the way here to drop off more shoes from people committed to Give Shoes and Give Love. This week is going to be alot of fun and new friends, here are a few pictures from the journey here and more to come daily as the week goes on!
 Thank you for joining my family and Soles4Souls on this journey to wear out poverty!
Warmly,
Maggi Thorne
Your Mrs. Great Plains International 2014



Our family gathering together before the long drive, my Team :)

Our car in the process of being loaded. Soles4Souls travel bad in tow of course :)

Road trip necessities
The car was so packed, we had to zip tie the clothing rod!

My perfect plate never leaves my side! Awesome way to live healthy

Soles4Souls HQ with Outreach Director Tiffany Johnson after delivering some shoes

2am arrival, but still full of energy. How can I not be :)



It is so handy to bring my own clothing rack so my roommate can take over the closet :)

Bedside must haves! Don't leave home without them

My husband made me this sweet sign as a pledge to our marriage. He is one amazing leader and husband!

To say I like to be organized is quite possibly an understate. I prefer prepared:) Every night when I go to bed, sweet notes and photo reminders of why I am here for Soles4Souls will sit over my head.

The Omni staff accicentally came knocking to my door thinking I was someone else and as a "oops, thanks for being understanding" , they sent me a sweet, sweet note and fresh fruit! What AMAZING hotel service.



A re-cap of the daily #Countdown #ByTheNumbers :)





















No comments:

Post a Comment